構思2016.11.21鋼筆

Conceptualisation
Fountain Pen Drawing  2016.11.21.

I helped in a summer camp of the Taoyuan Reform School in 2011. One volunteer facilitator shared his feedback. According to him, more than half of the juvenile campers started to carry pens and paper with them and started to sketch after they saw my spontaneous sketches and heard how I won over my wife’s heart with drawings. 

The art class goers in the prison can only find odd moments for drawing. Lockdown days on holidays are perfect times to focus on conceptualisation and draw as much as they want. It’s not just a painting that get completed after few months but more than that - their eyes, ability to concentrate and manners have changed. The entire person demonstrates much more self-control.

How much lectures can transform a person? I am not sure. From where I stand, I have seen how much art and creation have changed people, including their concentration, sense of accomplishment and their ways of regarding others and themselves. 

2011年桃園少輔院夏令營結束不久,志工老師告訴我,因為看到我現場速寫,和分享用畫追老婆的事,營隊結束後有一半左右的少年也開始天天帶著紙筆畫畫⋯
監獄裡的美術班學員平日總是利用零碎時間作畫,假日不開封正好可以專心構思與揮灑,幾個月下來就可以看見他們完成的不只是一幅畫,因為他們的眼神與專注的程度,甚至應對的方式都不一樣,整個人漸漸收攝起來⋯
用說教的方式能改變一個人多少?我不知道,但我卻看見藝術創作在人身上帶來的轉化,除了專注,還有成就感,還有看待他人和自己的方式⋯

No comments: